31 Days: Gratitude for Sleep


Sometimes it can be hard to roll out of bed to get the day started. 
Many of us lack enough sleep, 
and when daylight hours wane and coldness sets in, a warm cozy bed beckons us to stay put...


It's a wonderful luxury to indulge every now and again when possible.

Perhaps the bigger issue is
good sleep
which is an important part of good health.
It can be useful to assess:

What is your bedtime routine?
How can you make it more comforting and relaxing?
Do you have any habits that would disturb your sleeping or ability to fall asleep?
Do you have techniques to use when worries make you restless
or awaken you suddenly?

The bookends of closing the day well and starting the day well allow the pages of each day to be written more zestfully.

...

I am grateful to have a comfortable, cozy bed in which I can sleep and rejuvenate each night.

I am thankful for the opportunity to reflect upon and bring to a close my day's activities.

I cherish the opportunity to express love and gratitude to my loved one as part of my bedtime ritual.





How deeply might your life be enriched  
after practicing 31 Days of Gratitude?  



2 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh Christina, sleep eludes me! I am a horrible insomniac and would love to be thankful for sleep!! But I'm thankful for the fact that my husband understands this and makes sure I'm surrounded with quiet when i do finally drop!

Kristi said...

I'm an early-to-bed, early-to-rise person. I've found that if I say my prayers before bed, I'm less likely to wake up in the middle of the night worrying about my to-do list. It might sound like a simple solution to sleep problems, but it works for me!