31 Days of Gratitude: The Secret of Habits


We all have habits.

habits of mind and ways of seeing and thinking about the world
habits of action that make it easy to get things done
habits of body that can create or destroy health

It is the nature of a habit to actually grow roots in
mind, body and emotions...

which is why habits have such staying power.


While some habits make life run smoothly
Others give us results that we'd like to change.


The secret to changing a habit is to be able to 
Recognize the habit
Be aware when it is taking hold
Replace it with a better habit.

Simply 'quitting a habit' is very difficult.
But if you replace it with a healthy routine, you can more readily make a change.

It will be awkward at first, like when you learned to ride a bike.

But with repetition, it will sprout those strong connections to body, mind and emotion, becoming more ingrained.

Becoming life-enhancing.

...

I'm grateful for the kind of body-mind-emotion intelligence that allows me to smoothly move through my day.

I'm grateful for the ability to discern whether a habit is life-enhancing or destructive.

I'm grateful for a willingness to learn new ways of being,
and put them into practice.




How deeply might your life be enriched 
after practicing 31 Days of Gratitude? 



1 comment:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Habits are an interesting thing! Why is it that the bad ones always seem to take hold faster than the good ones?! One of my bosses told me once that it takes 30 consistent days to develop a habit. I don't know if that's true or not, but it's easier to think "I can do anything for 30 days!"