31 Days of Gratitude: Perspective


Meaningful relationships, creativity, an authentic life... 
it's all within our reach.

The key is knowing how to 
Tune in to yourself, your surroundings, other people,
the Big Picture.

Tuning in to others
is as easy as taking to heart
that old adage to 
"Put yourself in another's shoes..." 


If you can develop the ability to suspend your own "take" on things long enough to absorb a different point of view,
Then you gain perspective.


It works with understanding and really "seeing" other people.
It works when you're feeling "stuck" in your own life.


If you are: 
Brave enough to let go for a moment...
Gracious enough to make room...
Curious enough to see what might happen...
Flexible enough to make a mental shift...

Miracles can happen. 


You recognize them by the sensation of buoyancy 
and deep connection in which you appreciate 
"where the other person is coming from." 


You recognize them when that tight, locked-in, anxious feeling 
that the Answer must be either y or z...
Gives way to an expansive view of a whole alphabet
of abundant possibilities.


In those moments...

You might find yourself laughing

at yourself for thinking

so narrowly

before

you

gained

p e r s p e c t i v e.

....

I am grateful for my mother's counsel early in life to "put myself in another's shoes."

I am thankful for later "teachers" who helped me learn how to tune in to myself and others more deeply.

I am grateful for the "Aha" moments, wisdom, and growth that come from practicing perspective-taking.

How deeply might your life be enriched  
after practicing 31 Days of Gratitude?  





{I host a linky party every Wednesday. More info *HERE.*  I'm sharing Gratitude for Perspective with these fine folks, whose links open on ~ Sunday:  Sew Darned Crafty, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Making Monday Marvelous, Brassy Apple, Craftomaniac, Alderberry Hill, Under the Table & Dreaming, Making the World Cuter ; Monday: Skip to my Lou, Cherished Bliss, Sugar Bee Crafts, Tip Junkie's Tip Me Tuesday; Tuesday: Not Just a Housewife, Carolyn's Homework, Elizabeth & Co., The DIY Dreamer,  Savvy Southern Style, What we Wore & Made, Uncommon, Gingersnap Crafts, The NY Melrose Family, Today's Creative Blog ; Wednesday: I Gotta Create! ,  All Star Block Party, The 36th Avenue, Live-Laugh-Rowe, Handy Man Crafty Woman, The Trendy Treehouse ; Thursday: Scissors & Spatulas, My Repurposed Life, Frugal Girls, Shabby Nest,  Romantic Home, French County Cottage, Stuff & Nonsense ; Friday: Funky Junk Interiors, Happy Hour, Anything Goes, Finding Fabulous, My Simple Home Life, Tatertots & Jello, Thirty Handmade Days, One Creative Mommy ; Saturday: Be Different Act Normal, A Bouquet of Talent, Tutus & Tea Parties, Six Sisters Stuff, Sew Country Chick, DIY Showoff, Positively Splendid , Nifty Thrifty Things}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This Gratitude practice has been an instant daily access to another perspective for me. Being able to be "in your shoes" even just a few minutes each day has helped me feel connected to life and even GRATEFUL in a very challenging time for me. Funny how looking through your perspective helps awaken a remembrance of the me I've been missing. Thank you. Thank you.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Always happy to have a little advice for when I'm stuck! Thanks again!