Skeleton Finger Bags: Trick or Treat?!

Fabulously freaky Halloween party favors! | Tutorial at I Gotta Create!


 Go ahead: 
Grab your trick or treat if you dare!  
But first, you'll have to free it from the skeleton's bony-fingered grasp.




Fabulously freaky Halloween party favors! | Tutorial at I Gotta Create!

Give your ghouls and goblins a Halloween party favor bag to remember with this easy tutorial:



You can use this tutorial to make clothespin Skeleton Fingers.



And then simply use a template to turn bewitching Halloween papers into treat bags:


Fabulously freaky Halloween party favors! | Tutorial at I Gotta Create!

Add a tag and spider webbing to turn up the cute-but-creepy factor.



The spine-tingling suspense-filled fun part is you never know if you're going to get a Trick...



...or a Treat! 



What fun things would you put inside these tricked out little bags? Don't reserve them only for the kids!


{Send Halloween invitations in style! Click HERE}

These creepy-cute Halloween party favor bags are so easy, it's hard to call this a tutorial. Simply download a treat bag template. I used this one on portrait mode. Cut your Halloween paper down to size. Score the lines on the bag template with a bone folder for crisp, easy folds, and glue together. It comes together quickly!


Fabulously freaky Halloween party favors! | Tutorial at I Gotta Create!

Add some distressed Stickles for a little bit of sparkle on the treat bag flaps, if you like. Clasp the bag closed with a clothespin Bony Finger.


Fabulously freaky Halloween party favors! | Tutorial at I Gotta Create!

The papers are so much fun! You can ink up tiny jewelry or garage sale tags to match your papers. Wrap it around the bony finger as a reminder to "Trick or Treat"...


Fabulously freaky Halloween party favors! | Tutorial at I Gotta Create!

...or bring on some fright: "Boo!" 

Of course, treat bags are not the only thing you can use these functional bony clothespin Skeleton Fingers for...



You can create a garland or banner featuring them, like this Scary Movie Garland.


Fabulously freaky Halloween party favors! | Tutorial at I Gotta Create!

Are you ready for Halloween?









{I host a weekly linky party. Come find out more here!  I'm sharing Tricky Finger Halloween Treat Bags with...MondayCraftomaniacMaking The World Cuter, Alderberry HillProject QueenSkip to My LouCherished BlissTuesday:  Not Just a HousewifeElizabeth & Co., The DIY Dreamer, Tip JunkieToday's Creative Blog, Savvy Southern StyleUncommon, What We Wore & MadeGingersnap CraftsThe NY Melrose Family. ; Wednesday:  All Star Block PartyThe 36th Avenue, Live-Laugh-Rowe, Handy Man Crafty Woman, The Trendy TreehouseThursday: Scissors & Spatulas, My Repurposed LifeFrugal GirlsShabby Nest, Inspiration FridayRomantic HomeFrench Country CottageStuff & Nonsense, Happy Hour Friday:  Funky Junk InteriorsAnything Goes, Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeTatertots and Jello, Thirty Handmade DaysNaptime Crafters,  One Creative Mommy; Saturday:  Be Different Act NormalTutus & Tea Parties, Positively Splendid, Sew Country ChickSunday: Nifty Thrifty Things, DIY Project ParadeI Should be Mopping The Floor, Under The Table and DreamingMy 1929 CharmerSew Darned CraftyBrassy Apple, Making Monday Marvelous,}

16 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Oh my niece and nephew would so adore those! Maybe I can make them some! Thanks for the tutorials on these awesome treat bags!

Katalina Jewelry said...

What a great idea to make boney fingers out of clothespins! Love the bags too!

Carrie said...

Very cute and creative.

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

What a fantastic project!! Saw you on Rae Gun Ramblings. I'm pinning this to my Fall/Halloween board. Great job on this, and thanks for sharing : )

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

These are so adorable. I think a Halloween banner with skeleton fingers would be awesome!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Wow. These are great. I like the bony "finger". ha ha Good job. Linda

Christine said...

Those are the most beautiful I mean freaky bags I have ever seen!! Way to go!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Christina, these are really cute bags! I'll have to go look for some of that paper. the clothes pin fingers are awesome!
JoAnn

Gina Kleinworth said...

So cute- my kids would love this project.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

So spooky cute!

Dee

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

I love it. I am featuring you today on my blog... Thank you so much for visiting the link party :)

Aramelle {One Wheeler's World} said...

These are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

(Visiting from the Simply Creation's Link Party)

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I love the boney fingers out of the clothespins so very creative. Really cute bags and will have to make some for the grandkids. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

TheMoonAndMe said...

These are awesome! I don't scrapbook...but I love scrapbook paper! Now I can use it for treat bags. :) Thanks!
Kelly

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Just beautiful Christina. I saw it on the Tip Junkie Featured projects!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

What a fun idea! All the trick or treaters are going to want to come to your house for those fantastic bags! Thanks so much for sharing it on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust.

Warmly, Michelle