Creative Hits of 2011

Creative juices were flowing in 2011, the inaugural year of 
I Gotta Create! 
The post that was a run-away, smash hit...
...this little Thanksgiving Gobbler! For a full anatomy lesson, check out *Guess What's in my Silverware Drawer.*


But one post surpassed the Silverware Turkey just in the last few days. Folks are digging my Tinfoil Rickrack Tutorial and all the gorgeous things you can create with the technique:
 Favorites shown are: Burlap & Tinfoil Rickrack Card Garland; Tinfoil Rickrack Tutorial; Simple Holiday Napkin Rings; and Paisley Santa Christmas cards.


Saucy Aprons
Aprons brought out the saucy, sassy side of housekeeping humor. Shown here: Cheeky Aprons; Snarky Thanksgiving Apron; and Saucy Western Apron.


Halloween Season:
 We had lots of fun for Halloween. My first foray into the Linky Party world: Bewitching Pillows {they received a few features!}. I also had fun making Burlap Halloween Ornaments and a Glow In The Dark Raven Lantern, among many other fall projects. October 2011 is also when I hosted my first linky party! And, I guest starred over at Nifty Thrifty!


Thanksgiving season:
We celebrated nature and humor. Gobbler Gourds were made from natural elements in my yard. You LOVED my Simple Napkin Rings made with raffia {they double-duty as place cards}. Thanksgiving Napkins went from plain to pretty with vintage images. And you LAUGHED at my "Pass the Denture Cream" Thanksgiving Card.


Christmas 2011:
Visits haven't slowed down for these Christmas goodies: Tinfoil Tannenbaum and her date {Mr. Cris Pringle}; Vintage Fabric Christmas Gift Bags; Burlap Star of Wonder Gift Bags; PAPERLESS Gift Wrap Tutorial.


       

I ventured into this "blogging thing" quietly and privately for several months, knowing zippo about it. I started putting myself out there in September 2011, and what an amazing four months it has been!!  YOU've made it so much fun to share the wellspring of ideas that constantly spur me to say, 
"I Gotta Create!"






As for me, I'll be sharing at these rockin' parties:
Monday:  CraftomaniacMaking The World CuterMarvelously MessyProject QueenThe Girl CreativeDebbiedoo's Newbie PartyThe Gunny Sack, Craft & Tell; Tuesday:  Sew CraftyTip JunkieToday's Creative Blog,Uncommon Wednesday: the 36th Avenue, Blue Cricket DesignIt's OverflowingNest of PosiesSavvy Southern StyleSomeday Crafts, The Trendy TreehouseVery Merry Vintage StyleWhat We Wore & Made Thursday:  Katie's Nesting SpotShabby Nest, The Artsy Girl Connection; Friday:  Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeRomantic HomeTatertots and JelloThe Shady PorchThirty Handmade DaysSaturday:  Be Different Act NormalFunky Junk InteriorsFrench Country CottageI Can't Stop CraftingSew Country Chick  Sunday: Nifty Thrifty ThingsUnder The Table and Dreaming

24 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

APPLAUSE and APAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to see what the new year brings!!!! holiday hugs to you and yours!

Kim said...

Love your blog and I am so honored that you featured my vintage ornaments, THANK YOU!!!

Ruby Jean said...

SO Cute!!!!! Have a wonderful New Year!! look forward to seeing what you create.. :)

Stephanie from GardenTherapy.ca said...

wow - interesting collection! love it.

milliemorganmedia said...

Lots of great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower. I would appreciate it if you followed me back at http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com!

Foster said...

Darling ideas. I'm excited about your upcoming blogging tips.

My Duong said...

All your projects are so pretty! Would love love love for you to share this at my Best of 2011 party going on now htto://space46.blogspot.com. Happy new year! My

{northern cottage} said...

look at you! sooo very very creative!

Unknown said...

These are great ideas! Very cool! :)

Unknown said...

Wow-I'm following you from thrifty decor chick-stop by for a visit!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

So awesome! I definetly need the coffee apron!

I'd love you to link up your post at my linky party happening now.

http://www.blah2beautiful.blogspot.com/2012/01/linky-party.html

--Katie
Creatively Living

Unknown said...

Yay! You've had a great year! Congratulations!

moonsword said...

Love your projects and your feisty good nature! Looking forward to more...cheers!

Mindy said...

That turkey is sooo cute! I can't wait to check out everything else. I came to you via Ruby Jean. Happy New Year!

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Very cute ideas! I've GOT to remember that turkey for next year!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

You title so suits you, you really do need to create, and you certainly do! that turkey is a killer. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best

Sabrina said...

Your projects are so awesome! You are so creative! Love the turkey and aprons!

I am your newest follower. I would love it if you popped by my blog for a visit. :)

Ruth said...

I'm loving these great ideas. So fun to revisit everyone's amazing projects.
Ruth

Janny said...

Love all your projects! Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Wow, what a great year you've had. I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2012. So glad to be a follower. Thank you for linking this to Fabulous Friday!

Warmly, Michelle

Unknown said...

So many great projects in 2011! Can't wait to see all your creations in 2012!!! So glad you linked up at Overflowing with Creativity!!! See you this Wednesday!

XO, Aimee

@MSEnthusiast said...

Hi Christine,
I remember seeing many of these ideas and I felt inspired. Looking forward to 2012. I think chalkboard coasters put me on the map.;0)
Karen

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

You have some great ideas!! Congrats on jumping into blogging. I look forward to seeing more! :) Thanks for linking up to Oopsey Daisy!

Unknown said...

What a terrific overview of a great year!

Thanks so much for sharing at Pin'Inspiration Thursday last week. Hope to see you back again this week :-)