Gobbler Gourds {Simple Napkin Rings Part 2}

Ahhh, Autumn. Fall yard work unexpectedly leads to creative inspiration. I can hardly wait to show you!! 


First: wanna take a short trip down the winding backroads of creativity and see how it all evolved?
C'mon! Climb in...we're going to a beautiful plant farm, home of this purty little rig.  


The plantings are gorgeous this fall.  


Here's some great junk. You can see much more on the Picking Out Fall Gourds tour *here.* I give you some tips on choosing gourds. 

For now, as you may know I fell in love with an assortment of gourds and brought them home... 


...and made simple ornaments...
...for a halloween project that didn't quite turn out. You can see the mayhem on facebook. For today's purpose, please note the green balls at the base of the tree. 


Those are hedge apples. They fall like rain {actually more like giant green hail} from the hedge trees in our yard. So when I ran into Babs, who bought and celebrated hedge apples on her blog, I was stunned! And I realized: sometimes when you have something in abundance, you take it for granted. 


So I thought: what else am I not really seeing and fully appreciating? These locust tree pods are everywhere in our yard. That's when inspiration struck. {Stay with me...the road is winding back around.} 


I wanted to use the locust pods and plant farm gourds to take things up a notch. You might have seen my post on napkin rings that do double duty as place cards. But they are actually now serving as a base for these Thanksgiving table decorations / place cards: 


Aren't they SWEET? She sports gold paint stripes, a head from a {fake} acorn, and feet of leaves.


Both get google eyes and wattles from a fall fake flower bush. His feet are flowers.


To make the tails, I poked holes into the gourds and stuck in the pods.


The turkeys from the plant farm do a double-take...


See more pics of these two on Facebook.


So. Much. Fun.  


Want to see something a little more refined for the adult Thanksgiving table? I thought so! *Click here* for Natural & Fancy Place Cards.


May you find inspiration in your fall chores! And thank you, Babs, for reminding me that abundance and opportunity are all around us. There's so much to be grateful for...
Hilarious Silverware Turkey Here


Grab some virtual candy here

to bling up your blog or website!


I'm linking up to these superb parties: Monday:  CraftomaniacMaking The World CuterMarvelously MessyProject QueenThe Girl CreativeDebbiedoo's Newbie PartyThe Gunny SackTuesday:  Tip JunkieToday's Creative BlogWednesday:  Blue Cricket DesignNest of PosiesSavvy Southern StyleThe Trendy TreehouseVery Merry Vintage StyleThursday:  Katie's Nesting SpotShabby NestThe CSI ProjectFriday:  Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeRomantic HomeTatertots and JelloThirty Handmade DaysWhipperberrySaturday:  Be Different Act NormalFunky Junk InteriorsFrench Country CottageI Can't Stop CraftingSunday: Nifty Thrifty ThingsUnder The Table and DreamingThanksgiving 2011: Someday Crafts Seasonal: It's Fall Y'all!



Party with The Wildly Original Crowd!
link up Wednesdays at 7pm CST.


8 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your turkeys are a riot! Love em!

Katalina Jewelry said...

Christina, you come up with some of the wackiest, cutest and most clever ideas ever imaginable (or not imaginable by most!) Visiting your blog always makes me smile :)

Unknown said...

OMGoodness...these are so cute! I love the whimsy and creativity! It's wonderful to create and make folks smile and you've done it here! Thanks for sharing.

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

So cute! And I love all of your Falltime pictures. There is six inches of snow outside my house today so it is happy to see that someplace out there still looks like Thanksgiving time. Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

How adorable! I love using items from my yard to decorate inside the house. Thanks for sharing this at What's In The Gunny Sack!

Babs said...

Christina, Your google eyed gobblers gave me such a giggle. :) What a fun place card/napkin ring! Love the locust tree pods for the turkey tails and all your Fall photos. Thanks so much for the sweet comment about the hedge apples. Hope your Thanksgiving is the best ever.
Babs

Renée said...

Your turkeys are adorable! I've pinned them and love that they are created from your garden goods. Happy Thanksgiving...

Katie said...

Oh goodness those are cute! I love how you are incorporating natural elements. Thanks for joining us at A Crafty Soiree, I've featured you in this Thursday's post.