Paisley Santa Card

Santa baby, hurry down the chimney tonight!
Today I'm sharing homemade stamped Christmas cards in unusual  color combinations. The first one is built around a beautiful paisley background paper, topped with a subtler, darker-toned print. And they both sport that special "bling" for the snowflakes!



I used one of my favorite Christmas rubber stamps from Inkadinkado in a dark pink chalk ink on pink card stock. I then cut out the image with deckle-edge scissors, and inked the edges brown. Yellow and orange inks form a halo of sorts. Puff pens in white, pink and spearmint add dimension to Santa's wreath hat. 


The image is vibrantly layered three times with orange, dark pink, and medium pink. An iridescent ribbon runs vertically, and 
"tinfoil" snowflake embellishments along the edge make a beautiful finish.


They almost look like ice crystals!  And you can make them yourself!


Santa in orange, burgandy, and blue plays on a similar theme. 
In this one the ribbon wraps lovingly around the image, which is stamped in red chalk ink on pink card stock. Interesting how these color combinations make the negative space look almost peach. 


The set is angled jauntily on white cardstock. Snowflakes land on layered squares. The whole color combination lends a warm yet frosty feel to this card. 


Have you figured out what the snowflakes are made from? You may be surprised...and then you will want to make some!! The super-easy tutorial is now available by clicking HERE!


In this age of electronic communication, a real card seems luxurious. I'll have to practice my penmanship, though! 




You might also enjoy: Star of Wonder Burlap Bags 









12 comments:

Janny said...

Wow! These are fantastic. I love how different the two cards look from each other.

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

This looks just wonderful! I love the different colors!
Thank you for sharing!
Leticia

Katalina Jewelry said...

Beautiful cards, Christina! I think the shiny stars were punched out of tin foil that was balled up and then flattened back out for texture.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cards, I love the color!

Brandy J. said...

I just found your blog and am your newest follower. These cards are stunning!!! Thanks for creating such a fabulous blog to visit.

WhyCuzICan said...

Very cheery project. Who doesn't smile seeing Santa?! I sure do! :D

Visiting from TT&J tonight,
Smiles, and happy holidays from Chilly NW Illinois
Suzanne

Kelly @ View along the way said...

These are beautiful! i love the nontraditional colors and snowflake embellishments.

Found you from TT&J!

Unknown said...

I have crafter tool envy! That crimper is phenomenal. I have some scissors but I'm shy on punches. You could put those little snowflakes on ornaments and also add to gift tags for some bling...the homemade gift tags of course! I'm a new follower. I like what you've done.
Sherry

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

These are so beautiful and unique. Nice job. I am visiting from Tip Junkie!

Natasha @ Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive, 365 said...

This is so pretty! I love the colours you chose.

Best Christmas wishes,
Natasha.

Unknown said...

Fun cards! It has been way too long since I made any cards! I need to get too it!

The Southern Product Queen said...

Love it! Great idea too! I hope my tinfoil projects look just as nice as yours!