Pass the Denture Cream!

     Ok, its a vegetarian Thanksgiving joke. 
If you haven't experienced tofurky, just recall that thanksgiving when the turkey turned out dry and rubbery. Now you understand. But my sister likes it, so I had to tease her with this card. Let's see how it's made:
     I used the Ladies With Purses stamp from River City Rubber Works. Love that place's humor!  
Gertrude
Mildred
To make these funny old birds...


Stamp them three times: 
1. On white cardstock, then use colored pencils for the body parts
2. On the blue polkadot background paper, and 
3. On the floral paper. Cut out the dress/hat parts and glue them to the image on the white cardstock.  
     Cut out the finished image {anyone have family members resembling these geezers?} and adhere with pop glue dots to the card background, which I made from layering four background papers. I added photo corners for an embellishment.
     On white cardstock, draw a cartoon bubble and add your sentiment. These ladies seem to enjoy being a bit impertinent.

     
Mildred says: "Skip the tofurky and git yerself over to the buffet of fun for the party with The Wildly Original Crowd!"

Gertrude says: "Go gawk or link up a fall project! You don't even gotta stick your teeth in to do that." 

Well, I guess they are pretty sharp!  


Other Thanksgiving Fun:
Snarky Pilgrim Apron
Thanksgiving Napkins



Great colors for your
Blog or website!






{I host a linky party every Wednesday. More info *HERE.*  I'm sharing Mildred & Gertrude Pass the Denture Cream with these fine folks, whose links open on ~ Sunday:  Sew Darned CraftyI Should Be Mopping The FloorMaking Monday MarvelousBrassy AppleCraftomaniacAlderberry HillUnder the Table & DreamingMaking the World Cuter ; MondaySkip to my LouCherished BlissThe Rustic PigSugar Bee Crafts ; TuesdayNot Just a HousewifeCarolyn's HomeworkElizabeth & Co., The DIY DreamerTip Junkie's Tip Me TuesdaySavvy Southern StyleWhat we Wore & MadeUncommonGingersnap CraftsThe NY Melrose FamilyToday's Creative Blog ; WednesdayI Gotta Create! ,  All Star Block PartyThe 36th AvenueLive-Laugh-RoweHandy Man Crafty WomanThe Trendy Treehouse ; ThursdayScissors & SpatulasMy Repurposed LifeFrugal GirlsShabby Nest,  Romantic HomeFrench County CottageStuff & Nonsense ; FridayFunky Junk Interiors, Cheerios & Lattes, Happy HourAnything GoesFinding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeTatertots & JelloThirty Handmade DaysOne Creative Mommy ; SaturdayBe Different Act NormalA Bouquet of TalentTutus & Tea PartiesSix Sisters StuffSew Country ChickDIY ShowoffPositively Splendid , Nifty Thrifty Things; Seasonal: Better Late Than Never}
link up Wednesdays at 7pm CST.




19 comments:

Katalina Jewelry said...

Cute! My sis-in-law is a vegetarian and we always joke with her about tofurkey but none of us has actually ever seen or had it!

Debbiedoos said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. Please add my button or link indicating you are joining in the newbie party...thanks I like to spread the word to others as well.

Cottage and Broome said...

Love your card, it came out great! Laura Cottage and Broome

Cottage and Broome said...

Christina, thanks for the invite to your party, I linked. Glad you liked Henry, he really needs a Henrietta. I am you newest follower, Laura Cottage and Broome

Geneva said...

What a cute card...I can see that you've put a lot of work into it. Thank you for sharing the process in such a fun way! I really enjoyed this post! Great Job!

Robin Lynn said...

Oh my! this was great! so funny. I found you over at Debbie's Newbie party ... I love today's post but I really identify with your 'about this blog' note. You probably really get my note for today @ http://robinlynnsroad.blogspot.com/2011/11/creativity.html
btw, you have a new follower!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Very cute! I always send cards like this to my best friend. One of these days it will be us!

Unknown said...

Wow, beautiful card!!! And funny too!! :)

moonsword said...

LOL...brilliant!
Arrived via TCB. Love your cards! Cheers!

Lori said...

Too funny! And a great tease for your sister!

Crafters Guide said...

Excellent! Made me chuckle :)

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Thank you for the laugh of the day!! It's just too funny! I would love for you to link up Thursday (actually it starts tonight) to It’s a Party!
www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

Alida - Radcrafter said...

Great work! Very creative.

I would love to invite you to share this at my Thingamajig Thursday party...http://radcrafter.com/2011/11/thingamajig-thursday-party-2/

Alida

Amanda @ The Little Giggler said...

Too funny! Tofurky...haha! I'm stopping by from the trendy treehouse. New follower :)

Unknown said...

You are TOO funny. Love your sense of humor!!!

cosmetic dentistry said...

thanks for sharing nice blog....

Atta Girl Amy said...

This is too funny!

I've never tried tofurky and have no desire.

I'm not a turkey fan myself, but I'll stick to the sides, thank you very much.

Doreen said...

So so funny. I love this stamp. I have it and several more from Rubber City. Their stamps are so clever.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina!
You're so talented, thank for sharing, just love the stamp! Have a beautiful day