Last-Minute No-Paper Gift Wrap {??!!}

We're getting down to crunch time! So here's a super-easy fabulous paperless {yes, paperless} giftwrap tip !!  

Gorgeous, eh? Let me share the secret!  Pin It



If you're a recycler like I am, you set aside your chipboard boxes from pizza, pasta, crackers, cereal, frozen dinners, tea...the list goes on.

We can make dinner and "not wrap" our gifts at the same time! {Did I mention we're in time crunch here?!}

If you don't recycle yet, then just empty that cereal into a plastic baggy and *bingo* you've got your box! Gently pry open the ends until it looks like this. It's easy if you get your thumb under there. Or, use a letter opener.

Don't worry about the edges--they will cover. Just fold the clean flap over the slightly frayed flap...and glue. I use a low-heat glue gun.

Now the outside of your box is on the inside. See? {before/after}

And you have a beautiful clean canvas to play with. Some folks purchase craft paper to achieve this look. You just did it for free!

You ran out of bows and package bling?  No Problem!  Get out your aluminum foil and whatever is on hand! 

You can really get some WOW-factor bling with foil!

 *Click here* for the Tinfoil Tutorial to embellish your non-wrapped packages...

...Or to make some fabulous little gift tags:



What a creative season it's been!  From simply beautiful "No-Wrap" gift boxes to gorgeous but easy holiday projects of all kinds. I hope you'll follow along if you enjoy any of these original ideas, because there's more to come!

Recycling is smart {and a gift to the planet}. Take it a step further... It will spur creativity and test your ingenuity if you choose to Upcycle.

Match your paperless gift wrapping with these beautiful cards. Come get the tutorial!


That's a Wrap!











Share your creations. 
Party with the Wildly Original Crowd now!  

Also this season:  



{I host a linky party every Wednesday. More info *HERE.*  I'm sharing Last-Minute Paperless Gift Wrap with these fine folks, whose links open on ~ Sunday:  Sew Darned CraftyShaken TogetherIt's Party TimeTwigg StudiosI Should Be Mopping The FloorMaking Monday MarvelousBrassy AppleCraftomaniacAlderberry HillSew Can DoUnder the Table & DreamingMaking the World Cuter ; MondaySkip to my LouWhats In the Gunny SackCowgirl Up!, Rustic PigCherished BlissSugar Bee CraftsTip Junkie's Tip Me TuesdaySalt TreeTuesdayThe Winthrop ChroniclesNot Just a HousewifeCarolyn's HomeworkElizabeth & Co., Lil' LunaThe DIY Dreamer,  Savvy Southern StyleWhat we Wore & MadeUncommonGingersnap CraftsThe NY Melrose FamilyToday's Creative BlogSew Much AdoWednesdayI Gotta Create!Stone Gable, Southern Lovely, Creations by KaraAll Star Block PartyThe 36th AvenueLive-Laugh-RoweHandy Man Crafty WomanThe Shabby Creek CottageBlissful WhitesThe Trendy Treehouse ; ThursdayAt the Picket Fence540 MainCraftionaryMy Repurposed LifeFrugal GirlsShabby Nest,  Romantic HomeFrench County CottageStuff & Nonsense ; FridaySerenity NowA night OwlFunky Junk InteriorsHappy HourAnything GoesFinding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeTatertots & Jellocheerios & lattesFive Days Five WaysShabby Art BoutiqueThirty Handmade DaysOne Creative MommySweet Boutique ; SaturdayBe Different Act NormalA Bouquet of TalentTutus & Tea PartiesSix Sisters StuffSew Country ChickDIY ShowoffPositively Splendid , Nifty Thrifty ThingsYoung & CraftyPolkadot PrettiesOr So She SaysBowdabraFlamingo Toes}

50 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've turned a box inside out to use for shipping before, but this is awesome! I love how adding a ribbon or tag makes it look so great! Thank you for sharing pics!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Wow, you are one creative think outside the "box" kind of girl. Now I will never be without the right size box. What a transformation with items from your kitchen. So coo!

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

You're not kidding when you say you've got to create! Hahaha! Does your mind ever stop?! Wow...what a fantastic idea! I love it! TONS! You are so innovative!

xo

Ruby Jean said...

Oh so FUN!!! now when are you coming over to finish up my wrapping for me... :) thanks for linking up http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

Cottage and Broome said...

OK you are a way better recycler than I am, if only we all did that! Plus it looks beautiful, great job. Have a great holiday, Laura

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea! These gifts are beautiful!

Paula@SweetPea said...

What a fabulous idea! We recycle and I'll bet that my bin is full of boxes that would be the perfect size for gifts.

Debbiedoos said...

Very nifty and pretty idea. Thanks for linking up to my newbie party.

Brandi said...

Such a smart idea to recycle the boxes! Your gift wrap ideas are beautiful!

Lisa said...

What a great idea! This is so cool & it's a nice way to recycle!

Ellen said...

Wow what a great idea. I still have all the clothing I bought my son left to wrap....now I'm off to hunt down some boxes....thanks for the great tip.
Merry Christmas
Ellen

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

I love the gift tags! Your blog is so cool!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Awesome idea! I also use boxes to stiffen the envelope for shipping cards and such, but I may have to leave those boxes in tact for this.

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple said...

Once again, impressed with your projects and creativity and also that we share the same passion for upcycled art! Love your gift tags! Merry Christmas, Christina :)

Unknown said...

I will be looking at packaging in a very different light from now on - your ideas are fantastic and beautiful!

Lori said...

Terrific idea and very pretty, too!

foreverdecorating said...

I have done this many times when I sent something in the mail but I never thought of doing it for a gift. Too fabulous.

Myric said...

Smart! I never thought of re-using these boxes this way! Very creative :)

Thanks for stopping by! Wish you a very merry Christmas :)

xoxo
Myric

Babs said...

Oooooo... That's so neat and I like the little snow flake and other little thingies. I'm going to the craft store to look for some of those ?? what do you call the thing that cuts out the snow flake? Brain freeze! Love the bits of burlap and brown paper.
Very creative!

My Duong said...

Your tags and your boxes are so unique! So a touch of burlap! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

Michelle said...

Those look so great -- it's hard to believe they came from the recycling bin!

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

love this idea! i have been using my recycled food boxes for making paper ornaments for next years tree! you are so talented and creative! i love the tinfoil decor too! gonna get me a crimper now! thanks for the inspo!

saltbox
treasures
said...

Your box turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing this tutorial!
Merry Christmas!
~ Julie

Ali Manning said...

What a fabulous and creative idea - it's going on my list of projects to try!

Unknown said...

Turned out PERFECT! Mental note...save boxes! Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity!!!

Kerstie said...

Super cute!

Unknown said...

Great idea! We all need time savers like this. I've turned boxes inside out for shipping but never thought to use them for wrapping gifts!

So Many Little Things said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor said...

Great idea! If only that would work for all kinds of shapes and sizes of gifts.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love the added Bling!

Dee

Sherry said...

Luv the creativity...you did a wonderful job! I'm a new follower, please drop by when you have a chance.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I've done the same thing a few times..and you are so right...it gives you beautiful packaging! You packaging is so very pretty! Wishing you a Happy New Year! Angie xo

Tina said...

The presents are so pretty, plus this is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Visiting from the Newbie Party.

April said...

Absolutely love this! Beautiful!

D said...

Great idea! My favorite are the details that you added to the box, very creative and beautiful.

Rebecca Scott (aka Otter) said...

This is a fantastic idea! I love that it can be used with any kind of box imaginable too so there's no excuse that you don't have a way to wrap something! I know I've had items before that I wanted to wrap but didn't have a box for them. Thanks for pointing out the obvious answer to that which I overlooked. :) I also love foil for so many crafts. It's versatile and adds just a little touch of shine that looks elegant!

Aubree said...

Featured this today via my Pinterest page.

http://yellowblackbird.blogspot.com/2011/12/these-are-few-of-my-favorite-pins_30.html

Anonymous said...

how clever!! a perfectly fabulous idea for greener wrapping and super style. xoxo Diane

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

So smart. I am pinning this and hopefully doing it myself real soon! Love it!

Karen

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Super idea! I love that you were able to make a food box look so beautiful. The tags are too cute as well. Megan

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Great idea!

Lori Vachon said...

Very creative!

Brooke said...

So brilliant! I would never have thought to turn a box inside out! Thank you so much for sharing! I also loved all the foil you used- so pretty! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

OH my gosh how brilliant! Not only is your wrapping job beautiful but I love that it is recycled. I would have had no idea. Really great idea and so economical. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found you blog through a blog hop, and your blingy snowflake caught my eye! What fantastic ideas you have for reusing! Love to save our planet where we can. I have a big time passion for showing "junk" a little love! And, by the looks of it, there are a lot more ideas I will be able to get form your blog. So many in fact, that I just became your newest follower, yay! Would be so appreciative if you would follow back! By the way, I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year!!

Carolyn said...

Just to let you know I featured your wonderful project today. Stop by and grab a featured button.
Happy Holidays! http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-inspiration-board-link-party_21.html

Anonymous said...

Love it! I'm going to have to take a fresh look at some of the boxes our food comes in.

PinkOddy said...

In the recession this is a brilliant post - money saving and helping the environment. Very creative. Love it. Going to pin it.

Diana said...

I have to echo what everyone else said. Genius! I have also recycled/inverted boxes for years. I recycled a box for a sale I made on Amazon as well. I especially like gift wrapping empty boxes, especially cereal boxes, and repurposing them.

Thanks!
Diana
http://traditionalurbanite.blogspot.com/

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I used food boxes to wrap things this year because I was too impatient (lazy) to dig through the stuff in the basement...however, I didn't turn them inside out! hmmm should have read this post last week.
thanks for sharing at CCC, I'm catching you this week...love your wrapping!
gail