Mr. Cris Pringle

In our previous episode of Tinfoil Tannenbaum, we were waiting breathlessly to meet "Tanny's" tall, bright and handsome mystery date...


Everyone, meet Mr. Cris Pringle. Quite a debonair hairdo, wouldn't you say? The barber elf used that new crimper tool to create a Christmas tree pompadour that would knock Tanny's socks off...


And she'll never know underneath that super plush velvet-tinfoil-craftpaper-raffia suit he was once a simple Pringles can.




Ah, but Tanny's not the only one with bling for the date. Cris Pringle is going GQ with his Christmas party accessory: a santa hat!  



{That's right...if you're going to dress up a Pringle's can to stuff with goodies for Christmas, why not go all the way!}


Oh so very handsome! He's ready for a night on the town! Anyone would think this guy was a great gift.

Together in all their blingy splendor! {can you believe it's aluminum foil?!}

Ooooohh-la-la!  I think they're hitting it off!   Pin It

And are you ready for the next {tinfoil} move?  


Share your creations. 
Party with the Wildly Original Crowd now!  


See Beautiful vintage fabric Christmas bags here
Rustic burlap holiday bags here

I'm partying at 30 Handmade Days, Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home, and these other Festive Places!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are great Chris!!! and as always your narrative skills never leave us with a ba-hum-bug feeling :) :) :)

SV said...

Great idea and good upcycling project :-)

Thanks for sharing...stopping by from 30 handmade days.

Special 'K' said...

They are so adorable, who would have known their origin. Thanks for sharing I will follow on my way out and hope you can find the time to drop over to my place and do the same. Merry Christmas and I look forward to supporting your beautiful blog in the New Year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Chrissy said...

Very cute!! What a great idea, I really wouldn't have know that's what it was.

Tina Schiefer said...

Oh my! Very fun!!! You just gave me a flash-back...

One year, we gave a Christmas bonuse in Pringle can stashed in a snack gift basket.

We gingerly peeled the paper seal off, removed all the chips, put in a wad of cash wrapped in a baggie at the bottom, ate about 3" of chips :-), put the rest back in, carefully re-sealed it with a bit of glue and popped the plastic lid back on. He was none-the-wiser.

He LOVED Pringles and went for those first. Popped opened the can and began eating the chips...Man, was he surprised when he got to the bottom!!! I LOVE surprises!!!

Thanks for sharing and bringing back good Holiday memories...

Joselyn @ The DIY Spot said...

Hi Christina!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I love your blog and your approach to creativity. Poked around a bit and adore your holiday decorations and gift bags. I hope I can find a couple hours to make some gift bags and use them in place of cardboard boxes. Your winter wonderland posts are great inspiration too. Following you. Happy Holidays!

Beth said...

I just became a new follower too! I love how you glamified a Pringles can! My kinda upcycle - and with a sense of humor too!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh, these are so cute. Great repurposing.

karah said...

Very cute. Great upcycling, such a cute result. Happy Holidays!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

This is such a cute idea! Our neighbors are huge pringles fans so I will have to try and score some of their extra cans.

Merry Christmas!

Kimberly said...

I love the way you did that can, very pretty! I did the same thing, but just used plain paper to cover it, I love all the detail you used!

Ruby Jean said...

Isn't that just the cutest thing... I am LOVING that cute little Santa's Hat... I would love for you to share it here http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-2-and-highlights/

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

He is just so handsome! You crack me up! Thanks for the giggle tonight and have a Merry Christmas!

Ellen said...

You sure are rocking the recycle world. Great looking pieces you have created.
Merry Christmas
Ellen

Unknown said...

i seriously need to get my hands on one of those crimper things!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I loved seeing your pringle project...what a beautiful job you did creating -- so excellent. Your covered Pringle tin reminded me of a tip on Pinterest...the tins make perfect containers for holding spaghetti. Great gift with a bottle of sauce for that Pasta loving friend or family member....Merry Christmas!I have joined your followers list and would love to have you join me as well. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How unbelievably DARLING! Thanks for sharing on Overflowing with Creativity!!! XO!