Upcycled Jean Lunch Tote with Belt Handle


Picnic Tote or Lunch Tote made from jeans:  front


This darling little jean tote is roomy enough for packing a small picnic and practical for carrying lunch to work or to school.


Pocket Detail
Don't you just love how that front pocket is perfect for your napkin and utensils?! 


With the weather cooling down and Back-to-School on our minds, it's the perfect time to share this
Upcycled Jean Lunch Tote with you.


Vintage Images
The vintage images are so sweet. I used inkjet printable fabric, which I've referred to when making aprons, pillows, ornaments, and napkins.



Belt Handle Detail
I shared the basics for making this jean lunch tote more than a year ago when I had less than 25 followers. I was just a baby blogger!

  
Insulated liner & gathered top for roominess
Since making this lunch tote, I use it almost daily to carry my lunch to work.



Adorable. Portable. Yummy.
But we've also carried picnics-for-two in it!  Guess what we took with us most recently?



If you haven't seen the adorable and
oh-so-portable Peach Crisp in a Mason Jar yet, you must *click here*!



No telling where our picnic road trip adventures will take us! There are so many places I want to show you while the weather is cool and the sky is so blue...



Keep riding along with me. We'll picnic this season at Fun Fall Field Trip sites and come up with some fantastic Fall projects in future posts.


You can pull over a moment and
poke around this old farm house with me right now.



When you get back home, if you want the
basics for making this Upcycled Jean Lunch Tote with a Belt Handle, you can find it parked right here: Part 1 and Part 2. Having written many tutorials since then, I realize those first few were not thorough. :)



Do you have any upcycled jean projects?  I'd love for you to share them at the
Wildly Original linky party!





23 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lunch tote is awesome! I love it, especially the pocket!

Unknown said...

Fab idea!! Too cute Christina.
Cheers, Gee

thistlewoodfarm said...

What a fun idea! I love upcycle projects and this is one of the cutest ones I've seen in a while :)

blessings,
karianne

Bliss said...

Is that your truck? IS THAT YOUR TRUCK? I want that truck. Flowers and all. You're tote's nice too, and when I replenish the peach supply I'm making the crisp, but that truck, I need it for pictures.

~Bliss~

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Ha-ha! Not my truck. One can dream though, right? It is a display for a plant farm we saw on a 'field trip.' Super cool, hu?!!!

Katalina Jewelry said...

Fun lunch tote! Love the old pickup truck!

Danice G said...

Very cute lunch tote! Your blog is very interesting :)

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

What a fun upcycle!! I love all of the details, and making use of the pocket. Great project!!

Unknown said...

love it! How awesome, jeans and vintage photos! Who wouldn't want to carry that around for lunch?
New follower!
kim
xoxo

Lisa said...

What a creative idea! I love the little pockets with the vintage photos!

Unknown said...

Love the jean bag! Such a cute use of mixed media materials!
Tera
Eccentric Leopard

Rachel Sue said...

I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

A great upcycle!!! Love the way you've used the pocket...

Unknown said...

This is Sooo cute. Please consider posting on my new blog hop, Repurposed ideas weekly.

http://repurposemylife.com/repurposed-ideas-weekly-3-blog-hop/

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

I just love your photos! They are fun! I am wanting to try this inkjet fabric to do something like this. i love the Graphics Fairy and would love to try some of her pictures on a t shirt. But I heard you can't wash the fabric.

Lauren said...

This is awesome! Love the use of the pocket too! Thank you for sharing at our
Pinteresting Party!

Lauren said...

This is awesome! Love the use of the pocket too! Thank you for sharing at our
Pinteresting Party!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This is so unique and clever...and the peach crisp looks so delish!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

What a darling & useful bag! AND I love that pickup truck too. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. You helped make my par-tay a success!

Warmly, Michelle

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

That is a fantstic upcycle

Lynda said...

Love the bag. I have some old jeans and I have been looking for something to use them for. This is perfect. Your photos are great. I love them.

Donna said...

What a great idea! Love this.
Donna @ onceuponasewingmachine.com

Jennifer said...

Cute! Thanks for stopping by for our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you again next week!