It Feels like Fall!!

I can't hold back another second! I know it's August but the last few days have been cool around here, and although it's dryer than the Sahara, it feels like Fall! 



And something about Fall always incites in me a sense of exhilaration. It's like no other season. There's an excitement, an expectancy, a desire to connect with nature and friends. 




There must be something deeply rooted in the psyche about harvest, bounty, gratitude and community as the days shorten. Do you feel it?




We're celebrating with some weekend road trip photos to kick off the Fall vibe a little early. 



Ahhh... It's sooo nice to be embraced by crisp autumn air after a brutally hot summer.


So along with the hustle and bustle of the Back-to-School season...





And the likelihood of a few more hot days for some splashy summer playing...




And the need to keep our little feathered friends splashing with a ready water supply...



Don't be surprised if I dive straight in to some Fall projects around here!


While we also dive into some fresh Peach Crisp I just baked in these cute little mason jars...




Are you ready for Fall?



Let your blog or website celebrate the season, too!





*Linky party in progress here*


{I host a weekly linky party. Come find out more here!  I'm sharing this Feels Like Fall Road Trip with...Monday:  CraftomaniacMaking The World Cuter, Alderberry HillSkip to My LouMod Vintage LifeCherished BlissTuesday:  Not Just a Housewife, Nap-Time Creations, The DIY Dreamer, Tip JunkieToday's Creative Blog, Savvy Southern StyleUncommon, What We Wore & MadeGingersnap CraftsThe NY Melrose Family; Wednesday:  The 36th Avenue, Live-Laugh-Rowe, Nest of Posies, Someday Crafts, The Trendy Treehouse,  SnapThursday: Johnny in a Dress, My Repurposed LifeShabby NestFriday:  Funky Junk InteriorsAnything Goes, Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeRomantic HomeFrench Country CottageTatertots and Jello, Thirty Handmade DaysNaptime Crafters, Too Much Time on my Hands, Stuff & NonsenseOne Creative Mommy; Saturday:  Be Different Act Normal, Tutus & Tea Parties, Positively SplendidSew Country ChickSunday: Nifty Thrifty Things, DIY Project Parade, Under The Table and DreamingMy 1929 CharmerSew Darned Crafty}

21 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Christina, I am right there with you! I am SO ready for fall and am as excited as you are! Yay!!

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

I'm longing for fall! It never fails that I at the end of July I'm so sad summer is speeding along, but by mid-Aug, I'm sort of ready for the heat to be over!

Ready for scarves, leaves and hot lattes!
--Katie

Unknown said...

I too am ready for Fall. Ready for the cozy vibe that Fall brings.... The richer colours in the decor, the 'homey' type foods. Crisp apples and the smell of spiced apple candles burning.
No cooler days for me as yet. Florida Summer is still holding strong.
I am ready for cozy!!
Cheers, Gee

ANNE said...

I hate the hot hot weather but love the long long days! xox

Kara @ Petals to Picots Crochet said...

Such great photos!

Bliss said...

Yeah what you said. I'm having an internal debate the past few days...... Halloween party or no party? So I too have Fall on my mind.

~Bliss~

Tina said...

I'm ready for the cooler weather; but definitely not ready for the fall projects. =)

Jeannie said...

For the first time in 25 years, I'm at home full time and sooo excited to get started with some fall decorating. Let the leaves fall!

chateau chic said...

Christina, Your lovely photos are sure making me ready for Fall! Sure ready for those cool, crisp days.
I'm happy to be a new follower, Mary Alice

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

I'm ready I'm ready! Actually we just had a little "Halloween in August" craft party for a few of my daughter's friends. Love your photos you shared today. They look like they could be from just down the road from me! Just signed up to follow you tonight. Follow along with me too if you like!

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Lovely photos :)
We are going towards warmer months here... Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I am kind of ready for fall...soup nights are calling my name. But I am really enjoying the last days of summer!

Donna Wilkes said...

Beautiful photography! I am still in summer mode, but after seeing this, I am looking forward to the smells and sights of autumn!

Audrey said...

Beautiful pictures Christina. Would love to have gone along with you on your weekend road trip. The peach crisp looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Audrey Z.

Crystal said...

Since this has been one of the hottest, dryest summers on record, yup...I am so ready for fall! Love your photos. :-)

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Love your pictures! Thanks so much for linking up at One Creative Weekend! Enjoy your weekend.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Wish it felt like fall here in Cali - still too hot!

Popped in from Stuff and Nonsense's Fridays Unfolded.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Lisa @ LisasCreativeDesigns said...

Can't say I am ready for fall quite yet although it has been cool, rainy and gloomy here on the coast of NC. It seems summer has flwon by. I am sure I will start dreaming of pumpkins, falling leaves and the scent of apples soon!

Heather said...

Your photos are absolutely beautiful! I want to see those places in person. I completely feel ya on the harvest season being deeply rooted into us. I am ready for fall, and want a little more than just a taste of 85 degree weather. At least its a break from 105!

Tammy said...

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed your photos! I love Fall, and I can't wait :) I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime. Also I would love for you to come by and link this up to my linky party called Rustic Restorations Weekend.
http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/08/rustic-restorations-weekend-17.html

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I so want fall to come, we had cooler weather, than got hotter, and now cooling off again. I just want this summer to be over. Your fall inspiration has inspired me. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!