Sequined Snowball Ornament

It snowed! It snowed! 
Let's celebrate by creating a quick and easy
Sequined Snowball Ornament.




Don't you love waking up to a winter wonderland?

 Let's create one indoors, too!


 We'll capture both the crystalline nature of the snowflakes and the effect of a soft blanket of snow with this sequined snowball ornament.

Here are the supplies you'll need: 
batting, small styrofoam ball, straight pins, snowflake sequins, and some decorative wire.

Simply wrap a square of batting around the styrofoam ball, gathering it at the top with a bit of hot glue. Allow the batting to tuft out a bit. Then randomly pin the snowflake sequins to the top of the ornament.


Make a loop out of the metal wire and poke it down into the styrofoam ball with a bit of glue so that it has staying power. 

I love how soft it looks, yet the top glimmers with a dusting of newly fallen snowflakes.


 Hang it on your Christmas tree... surely you still have a spot you can squeeze it in!

Mine is among the sparkling forest of tinfoil tree ornaments!

Once you've made your Sequin Snowball Ornament...


Light a Snowman candle made from plain dollar store jar candles. {click here for more}

Grab some cocoa...

Wrap some gifts {the last-minute Paperless way!!}, 
                               and then...

Prop your feet up by the fire....




 and Let it Snow
                   Let it Snow
                               Let it Snow!







Check out The Best of 2012!

Share your holiday creations at 
the Wildly Original party now! 



{I host a linky party every Wednesday. More info *HERE.*  I'm sharing Sequined Snowball Ornaments with these fine folks, whose links open on ~ Sunday:  Sew Darned Crafty, Shaken Together, It's Party Time, Twigg Studios, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Making Monday Marvelous, Brassy Apple, Craftomaniac, Alderberry Hill, Sew Can Do, Under the Table & Dreaming, Making the World Cuter ; Monday: Skip to my Lou, Whats In the Gunny Sack, Cowgirl Up!, Rustic Pig, Cherished Bliss, Sugar Bee Crafts, Tip Junkie's Tip Me Tuesday, Salt Tree; Tuesday: The Winthrop Chronicles, Not Just a Housewife, Carolyn's Homework, Elizabeth & Co., Lil' Luna, The DIY Dreamer,  Savvy Southern Style, What we Wore & Made, Gingersnap Crafts, The NY Melrose Family, Today's Creative Blog, Sew Much Ado; Wednesday: I Gotta Create!, Stone Gable, Southern Lovely, Creations by Kara, All Star Block Party, The 36th Avenue, Live-Laugh-Rowe, The Shabby Creek Cottage, Blissful Whites, The Trendy Treehouse ; Thursday: 540 Main, Craftionary, Happy Hour, My Repurposed Life, Frugal Girls, Shabby Nest,  Romantic Home, French County Cottage, Stuff & Nonsense ; Friday: Serenity Now, A night Owl, Funky Junk Interiors,  Anything Goes, Finding Fabulous, My Simple Home Life, Tatertots & Jello, cheerios & lattes, Five Days Five Ways, Shabby Art Boutique, Thirty Handmade Days, One Creative Mommy, Sweet Boutique ; Saturday: Be Different Act Normal, A Bouquet of Talent, Tutus & Tea Parties, Six Sisters Stuff, Sew Country Chick, DIY Showoff, Positively Splendid , Nifty Thrifty Things, Polkadot Pretties, Or So She Says, Bowdabra, Flamingo Toes} and: teach beside me

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos-perfect DIY!!!
xoxo...by Vicky

Atomic Murphy said...

These are very pretty, and so appropriate because we just got snow too!!

Unknown said...

These are so cute - thanks for sharing it at the All Star Block Party

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I would love for you to visit my linky party going on now at http://wallisfarmsdailywalk.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I love how beautiful and sparkly these are. I bet the lights just make them sparkle. Saw them on 36th Ave. Would love for you to share on Thursdays Treasures http://fooddonelight.com/thursdays-treasuers-week-67/

Adorned From Above said...

Great post. I love the ornament. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/01/week-in-review-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above

Vanessa said...

Your ornaments are beautiful! I love the snowy effect, and my son would have loved to see that one hanging from our tree, since we don't get snow here in Georgia. Maybe next year...