Tricky Bag Lady

Ooooh they'll be green with envy when you tote your stuff in this little upcycled Halloween bag.  Playing with the concept of the Bewitching Pillows post, this mesmerizing beauty wants to go shopping rather than lie around! And she will, with one lucky winner...
But we'll let the suspense build and turn to the tutorial first. To get lift off with this project, here's all you need to do...



Start with a plain jane cloth shopping bag.
Choose some lace and ribbon and sew it on down the sides of the bag. This will be a little awkward since it is a pre-finished bag. Just be careful not to get your handles or other sides of the bags caught up in your stitching. :)
Print one of those fabulous vintage images onto computer printer fabric, following their directions. I also cut an additional piece of cloth and fused it to the back of the image so that the color of the bag would not bleed through. Center your image on the bag and stitch away.
Create the witch hat as per the same instructions in the Bewitched! post. Leave the bottom of the hat open {i cut that edge with pinking sheers to make it look a little 'fringy'}, turn the hat, and then pin it at a jaunty angle on ms. witchypoo and sew it on. Try not to call yourself a dork when you accidentally sew the handle to the back and have to rip it out and do it again. :)
Admire your handiwork and then....
   get ready to give it away.... 
           to.... 
               drumroll, please....
                      {okay, okay.... I'll get on with it!}


Brittany Wilkinson!
Yay! Congratulations!  Just send me an email Brittany and we'll make arrangements <3


Thank you to Brittany and to each and every one of you who are following I Gotta Create!  I hope it brings a little lift to your day.



12 comments:

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Oh, this is such a cute bag!!! A little jealous of the winner.

Thanks for linking this up to my Monster Mash Bash!!!

Cecily said...

Such a great halloween bag! Great job!

The Messy Roost said...

Hi Christin, I have awarded you "The Versatile Blogger" award on my blog. Please come by and check it out. Thanks, you truly inspire me.

Rhonda
messyroost.blogspot.com

Bonnie ~ a wee Meenit said...

I love the apple photo for your November link party!

Karima said...

Wow - looks very good! saw you on linky party, I am now gfc following, Karima www.karimascrafts.com

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I wanted to let you know that I'm awarding you the Versatile Blogger award! Come on over to my blog to accept your award. http://afishwholikesflowers.blogspot.com/2011/10/apparently-im-versatile-blogger.html

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Wow, I'm feeling the bloggy love! Thank you all for such a lift and encouragement <3

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

i absolutely ADORE this bag! it is so incredibly fun and fabulous!!! something so plain and simple becomes this amazing elegant bewitching creation! KUDOS to you!!!! hugs from your newest follower!!! andrea -- family and doxies (heaven and earth)

Matter Of Style said...

lovely bag!
I love the vintage feeling you created!

Unknown said...

I really like everything you've done with those witches...so cute!:-)

very merry vintage style said...

The bag is so fun-- another great use for those sweet images! Thanks so much for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday link party--hope you'll be back this week!
Mary
Mary

Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN said...

Great bag and very talented! I look forward to your posts. If you are interested in child nutrition, I am a Dietitian who writes on picky eating, making baby food, family recipes, etc.
http://healthybabybeans.blogspot.com

Clancy