Candy Corn Jack-o-Lantern Tutorial




Need a quick, easy, inexpensive Fall ornament? You choose whether they'll be cute or spooky.


Let's take a closer look at these guys and how to make Candy Corn Jack-o-Lantern Ornaments:



Previously I shared the quickest 
Candy Corn Ornament tutorial ever.  


Ready? 



#1. Open a bag of candy corn.

#2. Stuff pieces of candy into your mouth a clear plastic Christmas ornament.
#3. Tie a ribbon around the neck.
#4. Hang it on your Halloween Tree.


Now let's add two steps to really boost the cute factor. 


Ready?

 #5. Paint a Jack-o-Lantern face on the ornament using "enamel" acrylic paint. You can also use a Sharpie pen.



This expression is cute and friendly.




This expression starts you down the spooky path.




And the last step: 
#6. Dress them up a bit. Simply wrap florist tape around the top and secure a silk leaf with a bit of ribbon.





Now your Candy Corn Ornaments have Personality!




You can also experiment with simply adding stickers to the outside of the ornament.




I found that the dimensional stickers don't work as well on round ornaments.



Flat stickers seem to do fine.




I really like this style of ornament for the pumpkins. 
What do you think?



Do you put up a Halloween Tree?




Are you ready for Halloween?
Get more inspiration *here*
Perfect for craft projects, invitations, blog buttons and more!








{I host a weekly linky party. Come find out more here!  I'm sharing Candy Corn Jack-o-Lantern Ornaments with...MondayCraftomaniacMaking The World Cuter, Alderberry Hill, Project QueenSkip to My LouBrassy Apple, Making Monday MarvelousCherished BlissTuesday:  Not Just a HousewifeElizabeth & Co., The DIY Dreamer, Tip JunkieToday's Creative Blog, Savvy Southern StyleUncommon, What We Wore & MadeGingersnap CraftsThe NY Melrose Family. ; Wednesday:  The 36th Avenue, Live-Laugh-Rowe, Handy Man Crafty Woman, The Trendy Treehouse,  SnapThursday: Scissors & Spatulas, My Repurposed LifeFrugal GirlsShabby NestFriday:  Funky Junk InteriorsHappy HourAnything Goes, Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeRomantic HomeFrench Country CottageTatertots and Jello, Thirty Handmade DaysNaptime Crafters, Stuff & NonsenseOne Creative Mommy; Saturday:  Be Different Act NormalTutus & Tea Parties, Positively Splendid, Sew Country ChickSunday: Nifty Thrifty Things, DIY Project Parade, I Should be Mopping The Floor, Under The Table and DreamingMy 1929 CharmerSew Darned Crafty; SeasonalIt's Fall Y'all, Fall Frenzy} PLUS Primp Your Pumpkin!

33 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Cuteness overload! Those are great! I do not put up a Halloween tree....but you never know!

Lauren said...

Super cute! I love all things candy corn! :)

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Those are so simple and adorable! I love them. Megan

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh, those are so cute!

Dixie n Dottie said...

These are adorable! Great job! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_17_archive.html

Lynn Wood said...

So simple, so cute! I love the ideas that I might actually do. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn

Katie said...

These are so cute and so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

LOVE IT!! Sooo cute!

Nope, I haven't started decorating for halloween yet.. Thanksgiving comes first here. :)

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm inviting you to join our Halloween Linky Party...

http://www.crochethappy.com/halloween-link-drive-2012.html

Q @ JAQS said...

WOW - that is amazing. I never thought of that before - thank you so much for sharing.

Love for you to share it at my linky party if you get a chance :)
http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/09/made-by-me-49-linky-party-and-features.html

Donna Wilkes said...

I would be afraid to try this - most of the candy corn would end up in me. I did like those flat round ornaments though. The floral tape and the leaf added just the right touch.

Nicole @WonkyW said...

This is such an Awesome idea! I love these little CandyCorn Ornaments. I am visiting ya back & now following GFC :)

Ricki Treleaven said...

SUch a cute idea. You could fill a tree with these!

Linking from Debbidoos,
Ricki Jill

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This is an ADORABLE idea!!! Love it. I hope you'll link this to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven't already.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

Anonymous said...

I love it! Sweet, colorful and cute!

I linked up, too! ♥

Mrs Bishop said...

Seriously, so cute! And who would've thought?! Love the idea!

Craftberry Bush said...

Really great idea, I love when I stumble with something unique...thank you so much for sharing..xo

Sandy Ang said...

just love the idea

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

These are so adorable Christina! Love them! They caught my eye when I was linking up to Craft-O-Maniac's party! Happy Fall! Angie xo

Unknown said...

Oh' My gosh for cute!!! I LOVE THESE. very festive and creative. Thanks for sharing on COM-MON. hugs, jen

Kimberly said...

SOOO Cute! These would be cute party favors too! Thanks for sharing such a simple and adorable idea!

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

Oh my goodness what a cute idea! I love how they look all together. These turned out really great and I bet everyone loves them. Thanks for linking up to Happy Hour!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking to make the Scene Monday Christina, you are being features later today!

Kelly - Two Kids Cooking and More said...

I know my daughter would love to make these! We'd love it if you shared them at our Show and Tell Linky Party!

We hope you stop by...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Cute as can be! Makes me wish I was a room mother again and would get the wows from everyone if I brought these in!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

Jaime Lyn said...

Thank you SO much for sharing at Happy Hour I have a crush on your sweet pumpkins.... and since they involve candy corn I really really love them! The only problem is that the candy wouldn't last long in there!!! Because I love candy corn!!! Happy almost Friday!!!
Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

Annie said...

A Halloween tree! What a cute idea--I'll have to start doing one from here on out! Thanks for sharing :)

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

I am featuring you today... Thank you so much for visiting my party!

Unknown said...

These are too cute! Thanks for sharing!

thehungrycreater.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My favorite Halloween DIY so far!
I visit from landedinportugal.wordpress.com

Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

That is lovely! I would love for you to post it at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase. Just follow the link to the post. :) http://sewlicioushomedecor.com.

Kelly said...

what a awesome idea!