Western Fringe Sour Cream Party Favors



Yeehaw! We're rounding up a whole herd of fun with the Wild West party theme. 


How sweet are these western sour cream party favors with faux leather fringe?!! 


They complement the Wild West Fringed Snack Bags {*click here for tutorial.*} You will use a few of the lunch sacks from that project to make the faux leather fringe for these cute party favors.


They would be great for July 4th fun, too!



Imagine all the secret goodies that could be waiting to surprise some lucky cowgirl or cowboy! 



The tutorial instructions are longer than it takes to do the project. After your first couple, you'll start whipping them out quickly. 

Here's how you make Wild West fringed 
sour cream party favors



{Note: I photographed only the key steps}
1.)   Cut 6"x4" rectangles from paper of your choice. One 12x12 sheet of paper will net 6 party favors. 

2.)   Run adhesive along the 4" seam and make a tube. {If you use heavy paper, you may need a glue gun.}
3.)   Dab adhesive on one end of the tube and pinch it shut. Fill the tube with goodies of your choice; don't overstuff it.
4.)   Dab glue on the open end of the tube and pinch it shut perpendicular to your first pinch. Now you have a twist to your tube. 




5.)    Time to make the fringe trim. Cut a 2" strip off the top of your lunch bag. Snip the strip open and lay it flat. Fold the strip in half lengthwise. 
6.)   Now cut your length of 'unfringed' trim to match the pinched ends of the tube. 
7.)   Run adhesive along the inside edges of the trim and stick it over the pinched ends of the tube. 
8.)   Here's why you want to wait to fringe your trim: 
9.)   First, thread it into your handy dandy crimper and get it close to the pinched seam.  Apply pressure and turn the crimper a click or two for some authentic texture on that closed seam. 
10.)   Now do your fancy scissor work. Snip up the ends to make it look like leather fringe! If you fringe the trim before crimping, you'll have a dickens of a time herding those ends into the crimping tool.


What surprise would you stuff inside these fringed sour cream party favors?



Learn how to make
Easy Paper Snack Bowls!


Get Wild!





Make your own Rustic Wood Coasters


{I host a linky party every Wednesday and you can find more info *HERE.*  
Plus, I party at these fine places, whose party links open on:  Sunday: Sew Darned Crafty, Monday FundayIt's Party Time, I Should Be Mopping the Floor,  Craft-O-Maniac, Alderberry Hill, Sew Can Do, Keeping it Simple, Under The Table  Dreaming, Making The World Cuter;  Monday: Skip to My Lou, What's in the Gunny Sack, Cowgirl Up!, Rustic Pig, Knock Our Socks Off, Adventures of a DiY Mom, Sugar Bee Crafts, Tip Junkie's Tip Me Tuesday, Salt Tree;  Tuesday: The Winthrop Chronicles, Not Just a Housewife, Carolyn's Homework, Hope Studios, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Elizabeth & Co., Lil' Luna, The DIY Dreamer, Rae Gun Ramblings, Gingersnap Crafts, Whimsy Wednesday, Today's Creative Blog;  Wednesday: I Gotta Create!, Polkadots on Parade, Stone Gable, Southern Lovely, Live-Laugh-Rowe, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Trendy Treehouse; Thursday: The 36th Avenue, Bloom Designs, Jennifer Rizzo , 540 Main, Frugal Girls, French Country Cottage, Inspiration Gallery, My Simple Home Life, My Repurposed Life, My Romantic Home, Shabby Nest;  Friday: Anything Goes, Shaken Together, Serenity Now,  A Night Owl, Cheerios & Lattes, Practically Functional, Five Days Five Ways, One Creative Mommy, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots & Jello, Six Sisters Stuff, Shabby Art Boutique, Finding Fabulous, Thirty Handmade Days;  Saturday: Twigg Studios, Be Different Act Normal, A Bouquet of Talent, Tutus & Tea Parties, Or So She Says, Bowdabra, Flamingo Toes, DIY Showoff, Nifty Thrifty Things

12 comments:

Bliss said...

Makes me wish I still had a little buckaroo to plan a party for.

~Bliss~

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Such a cute idea for a party! Love all the fringe.

Garage Sales R Us said...

These are so dang cute!!!!I am visiting from Thee Blog Hop. I know I am a little bit late but I just wanted to stop by. I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ I hope you will stop by and do the same. I have an awesome giveaway going on with a Circut Machine! I would love it if you would stop by and enter!

Robin

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

How clever & cute! Love the way the packaging simulates those Western fabric bandanas and leather fringes!

Jill said...

Beautiful little party favours! Just that little bit different - I like them!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Such cute ideas! Makes me want to plan a party for the cowgirls!

Meaningful Mama said...

These are adorable. What an inexpensive yet fabulous way to make a party favor. Thanks for the idea. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

Christine said...

You make the coolest things!! Really.. you're AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

Crafty Mischief said...

Love those! My son had a cowboy party a few years ago, I wish I'd seen these back then! Looks like you had fun! Thanks for sharing! :)

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

very cute party favors! I haven't planned a party in a very long time. :(

have a great day,
gail

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

such a cute idea. love the bags

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

SO fun. Love the fringe on the candy bags & the popcorn as well. I'm tucking this idea away for future use. Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. {Sorry I'm running late - I've been on vacation.}

Warmly, Michelle