Party Hat Parade!


It's the Party Hat Hit Parade!  I dare you to try not to smile when wearing one of these colorful, festive and fun hats. Impossible!


Smiles and laughter are inevitable in these rockin' party hats!


A recent celebration with long-time best friends included birthday cards that let them know I think they're world-class goddesses!

We had beautiful fresh flowers on hand...

And gifts wrapped in giant handcrafted Hershey-Filled Kisses! You can get the DIY Giant Kiss tutorial here. You'll want to check out the surprise contents of the St. Patricks Day version {Leprechaun Kisses} and the Valentine Day version, too! 

We ate great food all weekend long! I didn't even have the presence of mind to take photos of the cake or food until breakfast on the third day!


I used it for making "bows" for gift packages, too...

The secret is revealed in the Pom Pom tutorial *here!*
Hint: it's part of my passion for R3: Recycle, Reuse and Repurpose. With Love.

I will be posting the tutorial for making the hats as well. {edit: link for the tutorial is below!}

Before the celebration was over, we the party hats were hanging from the chandelier. 


<3 Christina




I host a linky party. For the most current party info, *Click Here.*  
I'm sharing the party hat parade at:  Monday:  CraftomaniacMaking The World CuterMarvelously MessyProject QueenThe Girl CreativeThe Gunny SackAlderberry HillA Round TuitSkip to My Lou,Cherished Bliss, Northern Cottage; Tuesday:  Not Just a Housewife, Sew CraftyTip JunkieToday's Creative BlogUncommonOopsey DaisyGingersnap CraftsWednesday:  The 36th Avenue, Blue Cricket DesignIt's OverflowingNest of PosiesSavvy Southern StyleSomeday Crafts, The Trendy TreehouseVery Merry Vintage StyleWhat We Wore & MadeThursday:  Shabby NestFriday:  Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeRomantic HomeTatertots and JelloThe Shady PorchThirty Handmade DaysFaith Trust & Pixie DustNaptime CraftersToo Much Time on my HandsClassy ClutterStuff & NonsenseCraft Junkie TooSaturday:  Be Different Act NormalFunky Junk InteriorsFrench Country CottageI Can't Stop CraftingSisters of the Wild West, Sew Country ChickSunday: Nifty Thrifty ThingsUnder The Table and DreamingMy 1929 CharmerSew Darned Crafty

19 comments:

Emily said...

very fun, love the colors!

Bliss said...

Glad you told me they were hanging from the chandelier. I looked at it from a different point of view and it resembled something I might see on a Vegas show girl!

~Bliss~

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

cute cute hats!! you are welcome to share on my linky party on Tuesdays- it is still open and I host every week!

Tammy said...

My guess is plastic grocery bags. They look great. Can't wait to see how you did it :)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Those are some very happy hats and a very fun post!

Heidi said...

Those hats are SO cute!! I'm guessing the pom poms were made from plastic table cloths! Now I'm going to have to follow you at LEAST to find out if I'm right, but also to see how you made them!! :)

Katalina Jewelry said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm thinking the pom poms and fringe started out life as a plastic bag from a grocery or Walmart type of store. One thing for sure though - however it started out life, it's so much more fun now!

Meeha Meeha said...

I love all the happy patterns :) Visiting from marvelously messy

Q @ JAQS said...

Such fun hats!

Love for you to share this at my Wednesdays Linky Party here: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

Jill said...

LOVE the idea of using old grocery bags for pom poms! I'm off to check out the tutorial!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Well done!! Those bright colors are just plain fun! Love the idea of creating your own! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Plastic bags! Are you kidding me?! These are SO cute! Thanks for sharing.

Warmly, Michelle

cathy@my1929charmer said...

You sure did a smile to my face with those party hats. As soon as you seen them they make you feel happy. Plastic bags for pompoms, gosh does your mind just zone out to creativeness. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

tobecontinued said...

These are fabulous! I will have to remember them for my next party!
Stop by for a visit sometime :) I'm even doing a giveaway this week!
Catherine
http://tbc-tobecontinued.blogspot.com/

{northern cottage} said...

so so so cute - they are just fun to look at & soooo very HAPPY! features and a new linky party up in a little bit - be sure to swing by!

www.NorthernCottage.net

Anonymous said...

So cute. Great job!!

Creative Raisins said...

Those are the cutest party hats I have ever seen

acasarella said...

Those hats are darling! Nice work!
~Elena
http://acasarella.blogspot.com/

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Thos hats are a party all by themselves! Love the recycling idea! I would love it if you would consider linking to Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy, a link party for ideas that make life easier, better and more fun!