{DIY} Giant Hershey-Filled Kisses Tutorial

DIY giant hollow Kisses that you can fill for #Valentines Day! | #recycling tutorial at I Gotta Create!


Here's how you make a Giant Hershey-Filled Kiss! It's easy, costs next to nothing, and uses materials you already have on hand. Ready?!



Remember my R3 resolution this year?  
 
Remember the giant patch of plastic floating in the ocean? And how it is filling animals bellies so they can't eat, and therefore die? 


DIY giant hollow Kisses that you can fill for #Valentines Day! | #recycling tutorial at I Gotta Create!


Well, I'm reusing and repurposing some plastic soda bottles to create the form of my Kiss.

How 'bout that: it's a Kiss for the whole planet!
mmmmm.....S.W.A.K.!!

   

I found extra inspiration for Valentines Day with these sweet ribbons. I'll also make my own 'flags' for different seasons that mimic the ones on the real Hershey's kisses.



Use sharp, heavy duty kitchen shears to cut various sizes of soda or water bottles. 


So now you have a top like this:
DIY giant hollow Kisses that you can fill for #Valentines Day! | #recycling tutorial at I Gotta Create!
I knew I wanted to hang my Kisses in a garland, so I used some twine, tied a knot, and balled up some aluminum foil around it. You may simply want your kisses as party favors, and so you wouldn't need the twine.
  


You'll thread that through the top of the soda bottle like this:


Get a handful of treats to fill your handcrafted Kiss.


Lay it all out on a square of aluminum foil.


Start bringing up the sides of the foil around the soda bottle top.


Wait!! If you want to put a special message or love note in there, now is the time <3  Here are some printable valentines and games.

DIY giant hollow Kisses that you can fill for #Valentines Day! | #recycling tutorial at I Gotta Create!


Ok. Bring the foil up the sides and begin twisting it in a winding fashion around the soda bottle top.


Before you really pinch the top together, tuck your cute little holiday 'flags' down in there like this:


Voila!  I love the pinks and reds with the foil. You just punch through the bottom to get your treats! See the full party *here.*
DIY giant hollow Kisses that you can fill for #Valentines Day! | #recycling tutorial at I Gotta Create!


Check out The Best Posts!

Believe me, Valentines isn't the only holiday that merits these Kisses. Stick around. Don't throw away those bottle tops! We are going to have SOoooo Much FUN!!  Birthdays...St. Paddy's Day {see the party favors I put inside of those!}...and so much more!



And when we are finally all done {next year? ever?} with our Repurpose, you can still Recycle the plastic and aluminum.  
R3. With Love!
Makes a great little package for wrapping birthday gifts or birthday party favors as well.







Find out how to Reuse plastic to make fabulous greeting cards:

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for following me over at http://nestlovedesigns.blogspot.com/

I am a new happy follower!!

<3 Michelle

Spencer said...

Giant Filled Hershey Kisses? How awesome. I wish we got them in Australia.

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild said...

Now that's creative. I'd never seen these Huge Hershey kisses before. Christina, you done well! Trust you had a fun party also :-)

I am actually coming to your site from the FOLLOWERS linky blog hop, and ** I am following you. ** Will you follow me back?? ** Thank you so much when you do.

There is also a party on our blog today, where you can feature 'your best creative work'.

Use this link to do both: http://www.FineCraftGuild.com/party/
Have a happy day! Hope to seeing you around!!

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts said...

This is sooo cute! I love Hershey's Kisses - I bought a bag of Cookies and Cream Kisses when I visited New York this summer - Kind of wish I has bought more seeing as I cannot get them in the UK! Oh welL!
Have a great day
Rebecca
Heronscrafts.blogspot.com

JP said...

These are the cutest....pinned them for you!!!

Heather@http://southernabbey.com said...

What an awesome idea! It is so easy and really creative. I might just try this!