Life's Just Dandy!


Children love them for making wishes.  Others cultivate them for the nutritional greens. Lawn manicurists curse them as weeds. But ya gotta admit the Dandelion has its charm!




Such an unassuming little flower {Ok...I hear some of you shouting: "Weed!"} metamorphosis into...




A perfect little fluffy ball of fantastical wonder. Mesmerizing!



All those little parachutes make an amazingly effective seed delivery system. They're almost like nature's version of blowing bubbles!



In making pom poms from plastic grocery bags, I couldn't resist this humorous twist on their use! 


You can get one version of the Plastic Bag Pom Pom Tutorial *here.*



Once you've made the pom poms, just stick them on a skewer. And that's how you make whimsical plastic pom pom Dandelions!



Of course, there is so much more you can make from these pom poms! Like:



Everything's coming up just Dandy!







Come Link Up!!




{I host a weekly linky party. Come find out more here!  I'm sharing These whimsical dandelions with...Monday:  CraftomaniacMaking The World CuterProject QueenThe Girl CreativeThe Gunny SackAlderberry HillA Round TuitSkip to My LouCherished BlissTuesday:  Not Just a Housewife, The DIY Dreamer, Tip JunkieToday's Creative Blog Oopsey DaisyGingersnap Crafts, The NY Melrose Family; Wednesday:  The 36th Avenue, It's OverflowingNest of PosiesSavvy Southern StyleSomeday Crafts, The Trendy TreehouseVery Merry Vintage StyleWhat We Wore & MadeThursday:  Shabby NestFriday:  Finding FabulousMy Simple Home LifeRomantic HomeFrench Country CottageTatertots and JelloThe Shady PorchThirty Handmade DaysFaith Trust & Pixie DustNaptime Crafters, Too Much Time on my Hands, Stuff & NonsenseCraft Junkie TooSaturday:  Be Different Act NormalFunky Junk Interiors,  Sisters of the Wild West, Sew Country ChickSunday: Nifty Thrifty Things, DIY Project Parade, Under The Table and DreamingMy 1929 CharmerSew Darned Crafty}

18 comments:

Lisa said...

I've always loved dandelions and the little puffs! I used to pick them as "flowers" for my mom :)

Kristi said...

I found your blog from Sew Many Ways. Love the photos!

When my oldest daughter was young, she once asked me, "Why did God put dandelion flowers on weeds?" I have to agree, they actually are quite beautiful and cheery.

Sewing for Utange said...

Very sweet!

Breesmimi said...

Hi! Just stopping by from Sew Many Ways linky party. What a creative idea! I love dandelions, they remind me of being a young child playing outside in the summer! Please come visit me if you have a moment.

Jill said...

Such cute dandelion pom poms!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

These are so cute, Christina.
And your photos are perfect!

Kathe said...

Adorable! I remember making a wish and blowing on them! I'd love it if you shared this at my link party You're Gonna Love it Tuesdays!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Well, the plastic ones are much better than the real thing. I hate the real ones.

Jamie said...

Very cute idea! My daughter and I may have to try that out.

Susan Freeman said...

I will forever look at dandelions in a new way. I am your newest follower.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from a link party. These are super cute! My daughter would love them!

I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party.. it just started! - thegrantlife.com

Accidentally Wonderful said...

I have always thought dandelions were beautiful... even if they are a weed. I love the pompom version! Found your blog at "My Romantic Home." {New Follower!} I'd love it if you checked out my site!
Rebekah :)

Donna Wilkes said...

Came over from Feathered Nest to see what you had done to a dandelion. How cute this would be to stick into a plant gift as a surprise!

Distressed Donna Down Home

Michelle L. said...

They make amazing dandelions! I love your photos in the grass - so pretty and charming.

Crafts a la Mode said...

That is just too much!! Wow. So darn cute! That sure is fun to look at! Take care, Linda

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

Another cute g. bag project! Hope you have had a fabulous weekend!

Take care,

Trish

Bella @ artclubblog said...

These pompoms are so cool! Such a great interpretation of the dandelion.

Jeannie said...

I love your reference that they are nature blowing bubbles!