Funky Little Teapot: Tea for Two


I love tea. It is the first thing I make when I get up each morning. 


I love to make it very strong. I top it off with a teaspoon of agave and a splash of {soy} milk. It is a comforting wakeup call without making me jittery.


I purchased this funky, whimsical teapot and tea cups at an art fair several years ago.


The teapot cracked me up with it's frumpy little bottom and... 


...quirky little spout.


I fell in love with the swirls in the teacups. Like frothy-sweet milk swirls in a latte, you just wanna lick them!


Some of my very best friends love tea, too. And although we sip it continuously when we're together, we've never really had what you'd call a formal tea party.


I looked up the 411 on formal tea etiquette.  Traditional tea time is four o'clock, but in the U.S. that is stretched from three to five.


At a formal tea, one would issue an invitation by mail at least a week in advance. Wouldn't that be fun for mothers day?


One would serve three courses with tea:  

  • Savones {tiny sandwiches}
  • Scones {now we're talkin'!}
  • Pastries {sweet talkin'!}



If you look into it, the etiquette is quite extensive. I think I'm happy sticking with a funky, whimsical teapot and some lovely scones...


...and a spring centerpiece and gift, if you are having  small celebration.


Why not go ahead and 'dress up' for the occasion with a silk flower corsage pin? Find out about them *here.*


This Oriole Nest Vase is a perfect little centerpiece for such an occasion. Grab the tutorial *here.* 


Wrap mom's gift up in these pretty packages: the DIY details are *here.*


Maybe you'd prefer to sip on some Lavender Cream Soda. Use the secret ingredient *here* and make it yourself {along with the adorable DIY nest with chocolate eggs}.





Or just grab yourself a cup of whatever you like and come on over and browse the Blog Tips Cafe. Link up any time you have a blogging tip to share.

Q:  What's your favorite beverage?







{I'm sharing my Funky Little Teapot with...Monday:  Craftomaniac, Making The World Cuter, Project Queen, The Girl Creative, The Gunny Sack, Alderberry Hill, A Round Tuit, Skip to My Lou, Cherished Bliss, Northern Cottage; Tuesday:  Not Just a Housewife, Sew Crafty, Tip Junkie, Today's Creative Blog, Uncommon, Oopsey Daisy, Gingersnap Crafts; Wednesday:  The 36th Avenue, Blue Cricket Design, It's Overflowing, Nest of Posies, Savvy Southern Style, Someday Crafts, The Trendy Treehouse, Very Merry Vintage Style, What We Wore & Made; Thursday:  Shabby Nest; Friday:  Finding Fabulous, My Simple Home Life, Romantic Home, Tatertots and Jello, The Shady Porch, Thirty Handmade Days, Faith Trust & Pixie Dust, Naptime Crafters, Too Much Time on my Hands, Classy Clutter, Stuff & Nonsense, Craft Junkie Too; Saturday:  Be Different Act Normal, Funky Junk Interiors, French Country Cottage,  Sisters of the Wild West, Sew Country Chick; Sunday: Nifty Thrifty Things, Under The Table and Dreaming, My 1929 Charmer, Sew Darned Crafty}

10 comments:

Bliss said...

I do like my morning cup of coffee..... in just the right cup too, I'm picky about the way a mug fits my hand. Is that weird? When the cup is right the coffee is even better.

~Bliss~

Maureen Wyatt said...

How great to have a teapot and mugs that are artisan made! I'm very particular about my morning coffee. After that, it's loose tea throughout the day. ~ Maureen

Jen Lossing, Artistic Abode Designs said...

I just love your tea set. My in-laws love tea too. We all get together for our birthdays and celebrate over tea. It has become a wonderful tradition!

Shelley @ Sew and Dipity said...

I would have a favorite tea ritual if I had that teapot set....gorgeous! Lovely post Christina :)

Lisa said...

I love chai tea lattes, but I only allow myself to buy them when I'm sick since they're pretty expensive just for a drink. It's my first mother's day this year so maybe someone will buy ME one!

Mindie Hilton said...

I love tea and typically have a dozen different varieties always on hand. Loved your tea time facts.

Dana Allard said...

I have tea with my four kids almost every morning at breakfast, and we LOVE it :)
We are always looking for fun pots or cups at the thrift store.

ErikaV said...

I'm a coffee girl myself, but I LOVE tea kettles! I'm weird like that ;) This one is especially adorable.

Have a great week!
Erika from Southern Belle as an Army Wife

cgammeter said...

That is a funky little teapot, I love it. I collect, so I wouldn't have been able to pass it up either.

Jill said...

I love tea too - rather partial to earl grey myself! LOVE your little teapot!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/