Wood You Be Mine? Wood Heart Ornaments

Wood You Be Mine?  Romantic wood heart #Valentine ornament tutorial at I Gotta Create!


These wood heart ornaments will steal your heart! These sweet cherubs are layered on top of ribbon, painted wood, sequins, a stamp, heart button, jewel and swirled stamped sentiment. The ornament is edged with glass beads and hung with a bit of twine.


Wood You Be Mine?  Romantic wood heart #Valentine ornament tutorial at I Gotta Create!
The jewel really sparkles in the light, as do the sequins. Notice how the cherubs are outlined in gold...


Wood You Be Mine?  Romantic wood heart #Valentine ornament tutorial at I Gotta Create!


The sunlight also captures the delicate sparkle of the glass beads all along the outer edge.

A meaningful word is clipped from a magazine and glued to the cherubs.

Wood You Be Mine?  Romantic wood heart #Valentine ornament tutorial at I Gotta Create!
This version features a vintage image of a little girl spraying on mommas' perfume. The background technique really stands out on this one.

I used the crackle paint technique that is easily achieved by incorporating Elmer's glue. I wrote about that technique in the post, Summer Bliss(ter). It's super easy and I love the results.

Again, buttons, stamps, and ribbon provide additional interest and texture.

Wood You Be Mine?  Romantic wood heart #Valentine ornament tutorial at I Gotta Create!
You can write your message on the back to your sweetheart.

Wood You Be Mine?  Romantic wood heart #Valentine ornament tutorial at I Gotta Create!


Whether by sunlight or candlelight, the sweet-sparkly nature of these beautiful little Valentines are delightful!  Wouldn't they also be sweet as gift tags?

Use this idea for Mother's Day and other occasions when a <3 speaks of your love or friendship. 


Be sure to link up your creations at my current linky party. Get the scoop *Here.*

More Valentine projects at I Gotta Create!
Post a Comment