Here Comes Peter Rabbit!

I was absolutely mesmerized by adventures of Peter Rabbit when I was little.  Drinking in every nuance of Beatrix Potter’s watercolor illustrations as my parents read, I fell in LOVE with those bunnies and remain so to this day!
Today’s art uses a rubber stamp you’ll recognize from the previous entry: three little rabbits who call to mind Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail.

These sweet little Easter cards are super simple to make. The same rubber stamp takes on a new look when you crop and layer it with background papers cut to look like postage stamps. Itty bitty pompoms make adorable little tails—just like Beatrix’s.  I made a whole bunch of these a couple of years ago and they sold out immediately!

By the way, if you haven’t seen it, I would highly recommend the movie Miss Potter with Renee Zellweger. I came away with even more admiration for Beatrix Potter, who published The Tale of Peter Rabbit in 1902. She’ll inspire you to dare to trust and express your creativity!

Q: What books did you love as a child?

Thanks so much for visiting!


1 comment:

Tony said...

These posts are coming through great and looking good on my email subscription.