Chenille Ear Bunny Egg Tutorial

This is the tail tale of how to create fuzzy bunny ears from chenille stems for your plastic Easter eggs. You'll have fun coming up with all kinds of uses for these cuties.


They make sweet place cards. You can even put a little after-dinner mint or treasure inside.



Chenille ear bunny eggs are super simple and quick to make! 


I used plastic eggs that have holes in the top and bottom, but you can upgrade your old eggs by drilling holes yourself. No need to buy new plastic eggs! It's easier to drill from the inside like this. I used a 9/64 bit.
For the ears, you just need one chenille stem per egg. Follow the easy directions in the photo above, bringing the stems up through the inside of the egg. 

If you're using the Ribbon Version {see here}, loop it and poke the ends through from the top side of the egg, using a dab of hot glue to hold  in place.

Create a tail by hot gluing a fuzzy pom pom or cotton ball to your egg and... Voila!

Take two colors of green paper. Cut into 1.5 x 6.5 inch strips using 'grass edged' scissors {cheap at the craft store} on one end. Glue into a tube shape. Now your bunnies can nestle in the grass on your table. I used my crimper to get the texture. You can find out about the wonders of the crimper tool *here.*


An alternative would be to use a chenille stem to create bunny feet. Just poke it through the holes and twist it up as shown in the photo.


Momma keeps watch.


These would be so fun for the kids' Easter Egg Hunt, too!

Upgrade those old plastic eggs. Make them into fuzzy-sweet Chenille Ear Bunny Eggs!




Then put on your bunny ears
and get ready for an egg hunt!

Check out the tutorial and the DiY



Cute TP tube Funny Bunny tutorial at I Gotta Create!
Kids will love to make Funny Bunnies 
from TP tubes, too!




{I host a linky party every Wednesday and you can find more info *HERE.*  
Plus, I party at these fine places, whose party links open on:  Sunday: Sew Darned Crafty, Monday FundayIt's Party Time, I Should Be Mopping the Floor,  Craft-O-Maniac, Alderberry Hill, Sew Can Do, Under The Table  Dreaming, Making The World Cuter;  Monday: Skip to My Lou, What's in the Gunny Sack, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Cowgirl Up!, Rustic Pig, Adventures of a DiY Mom, Sugar Bee Crafts, Tip Junkie's Tip Me Tuesday, Salt Tree;  Tuesday: The Winthrop Chronicles, Not Just a Housewife, Carolyn's Homework, Elizabeth & Co., Lil' Luna, The DIY Dreamer, Savvy Southern Style, Rae Gun Ramblings, Gingersnap Crafts, Whimsy Wednesday, Today's Creative Blog, Sew Much Ado;  Wednesday: I Gotta Create!, Polkadots on Parade, Practically Functional, Stone Gable, Southern Lovely, Live-Laugh-Rowe, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Trendy Treehouse; Thursday: The 36th Avenue, Jennifer Rizzo , 540 Main, Frugal Girls, French Country Cottage, Inspiration Gallery, My Simple Home Life, My Repurposed Life, My Romantic Home, Shabby Nest;  Friday: Anything Goes, Shaken Together, Serenity Now,  A Night Owl, Cheerios & Lattes, Five Days Five Ways, One Creative Mommy, Funky Junk Interiors, Tatertots & Jello, Six Sisters Stuff, Shabby Art Boutique, Finding Fabulous, Thirty Handmade Days;  Saturday: Twigg Studios, Be Different Act Normal, A Bouquet of Talent, Tutus & Tea Parties, Polkadot Pretties, Or So She Says, Bowdabra, Flamingo Toes, DIY Showoff, Nifty Thrifty Things

44 comments:

cgammeter said...

These are so adorable. Hi, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend, stop by and be my friend, too.
Thanks for sharing.

Crafts a la Mode said...

These are so darn cute. I "pinned" them because I definitely want to make them for Easter. Best wishes, Linda

Bliss said...

Those are flipping cute, or is that hopping cute?

~Bliss~

Marisa said...

Such a cute idea. I'm pinning it.

Rhissanna said...

Grass edged scissors? Wow, I didn't know about those! And I love these eggs. So cute!

Heather Green said...

Ha! I love those! So fun!!

Kate said...

These are so sweet .... I wish I had little ones to make them for.

Mindie Hilton said...

These are super cute, thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

These are so much fun! The colors are pefect! I'm pinning these for later:)

Phyllis @Around the House said...

sooo cute and so creative....what a fun fun table...so happy I found your blog...

Jill said...

They are such super cute little bunny eggs!! Great work!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

These are so adorable!

Meaningful Mama said...

I've never seen these chenille stems before. This is adorable.

Crafts a la Mode said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming and visiting and telling me that I had on word verification. I was positive that it was not on. OH, thanks. I know I hate it when I have to put in the letters myself. Anything else you see that I could improve?? Best wishes, Linda

Simply Tasheena said...

This is too cute! I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-7.html

PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Katalina Jewelry said...

Dang, Girl! You just keep coming up with the cutest ideas! Love these little cuties!

Michelle Paige said...

These little bunny eggs are precious! I love them! Would you be willing to link them up to my Springtime Holiday Link Party going on now? I'd love to have you! Thanks, Michelle
http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/02/springtime-holiday-link-party.html

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

Ok... those are the cutest Eggs ever!!! I love them!!! xoxo- Rachel

http://bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/03/rainbow-glitter-dot-eggs.html

Emily said...

These are absolutely adorable! What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing and linking up to The Shady Porch!

Emily
http://justonemomtrying.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I saw hollow eggs in the supermarket and thought they were cute but didn't know what to do with them but this is a fab idea - I really like the idea of putting them at the dinner table.

Unknown said...

How cute...they make me smile! I love your imagination! Fun project. Thanks for sharing! :)

Skylar Magazine said...

What a fun idea and it looks like it would be easy to do. I never would have thought of doing something like this.

I'm Sarah, stopping by from Make The Scene I am following on GFC, Linky Followers and Facebook. I would love for you to stop by and you can follow back too if you want.

Thanks and have an awesome day!

Sarah
http://skylarinc.blogspot.com/

My Dream Canvas said...

This is soo cute! You have a lovely blog.I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas. Visiting you from Wow Us Wednesdays.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a cute idea! I love how sweet and simple they look. Megan

Crafty Mischief said...

Those chenille ears are too cute! What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!
Warm wishes, Brittany

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

These are stinkin' cute! Featured them today!

Bonnie @ uncommon

www.uncommonmdesignsonline.com

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

So stinking cute! Love the whimsy it would add to a table!

Michelle said...

Very cute! :)

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

Thanks so much for sharing this at my What We Wore and Made party I'm featuring it today http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/2012/04/spring-round-up.html

marissa
http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh my, these guys are so adorable! Perfect for my son's room! He would love them! Thank You so much for posting! Pinning and will try my best to make them look this good!

Anonymous said...

Found you via Under the Table and Dreaming.
These are so adorable! My son would love them!!
Anjana @ http://happyandharried.wordpress.com/

Our Pinteresting Family said...

So cute!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love these so much! I would be so honored if you would link these to my new{er} party.

Jessica
myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

Mommy Evolution said...

Oh my goodness these are absolutely awesome! And I bet i can get my husband into the game because it involved power tools ;-) Please share your project at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week and check out what other creative divas are up to.

Donna Wilkes said...

I needed tiny bunny ears for a project and think these might work. Love the crimped paper cups - I have a crimper thanks to you and use it all the time!

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Very cute! I'd like to invite you to participate in my Pin Me Linky Party. It goes Fri-Tue. I allow up to 3 links each week! I see you host a party too. When does it begin?

Unknown said...

So cute! They are perfect for the table!

Jess said...

Those are too cute for words.

Stephanie said...

You come up with the cutest stuff. There, I said it :)

Krystie said...

These are simple and sweet! ~~~ Simply Sweet, sweetly simple

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness these are so stinkin' cute! Thanks for linking up to ITS PARTY TIME! Sharing on Facebook later today. Hugs, Clydia @ Three Mango Seeds

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

This is so perfect for kids to make...adorable!

Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea! Love your creativity!!! Thanks for posting and making it easy to figure out with the pictures!

Mindie Hilton said...

Featuring soon at Bacon Time!